The past two nights Savvy has been having a hard time sleeping. She's been waking up a couple times during the night which Mommy and Daddy aren't used to anymore. So she's been off her normal schedule in the day because she's starting earlier than normal...blah. So she ended up napping today during her normal wake time and we couldn't make it to our lunch plans with my friend Megan from work. We still wanted to visit her so we decided to make a little afternoon adventure and visit the office. (Apologies to those from work reading this that I didn't get a chance to stop by and say hello to!) If they measured the office productivity while we were there it would have been in the red. I am still amazed how many people appear when a baby arrives in the office. It was great to see everyone and visit. And surprisingly my desk is still empty. I guess after seven months I figured they would have hired a replacement for me. But, jokingly they offered to put a baby rocker next to my desk so I could come back.
Here is Savvy bundled up to go out into the fall chilly weather. Sadly I think this will be the only wear this jacket gets. It's a 12 month jacket but seems to be on the small side and I had a hard time zipping it over her little belly. She's got a bigger coat but I just thought this one was cute and purple-y. I'm starting to realize that leaving the house when it's cold outside requires much more preparation (socks, shoes, coat,..) than summertime.
Tonight Candler and I snuck in a little time around the fire pit together. He was reading a case for school, I was reading the Ensign (great explanation of the purpose of mormon temples this month if you are curious), and we were both sipping on homemade hot chocolate. So nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment