Wednesday, October 6, 2010

MBA wannabe

Since I'm home when the mail comes I always get a first look at Candler's books for school. Often I'll read the first few chapters and pretend that I'm the one getting my MBA. But then I lose interest and am grateful that Candler is the one having to read the terribly dry case studies. Maybe one day we'll still have C&C consulting even if he's the one with the MBA ;)

This past week Candler got a fictional novel for his business strategy class that looked very interesting. I know the professor and author of the book from church and was interested in the content of the book. It's a look at how a new MBA graduate who has gone to work for a consulting company utilizes the strategies he learned in school. I loved the book and read it in three days. I'm no MBA, but I loved watching the main character learn how to leverage the skills of his team and how important management is in making decisions regardless of what the numbers say. Also, it reminded me of working on an SAP implementation project over in Switzerland with our consulting teams. Ah memories.

I loved it! Well done!
What I Didn't Learn in Business School

No comments:

Post a Comment