My parents had picked up some presents for Savvy while they were down south. She loved them instantly - a fish bowl that includes a fish, sea horse, starfish, and octopus (not so realistic) and a happy/sad crab.
Savvy exploring the fish bowl and crab from Grandma and Grandpa
Chewing on the crab
Mary and Alexis
Mom and baby Andrew
I then picked up a car seat from a guy on craigslist to use as a back-up for Candler's car or if the grandparents want to take Savvy somewhere. We already have a bigger car seat that Savvy is likely going to start using in the next few weeks (Thanks Kristen and Sue!) and that means that we won't be able to switch her between our cars as easily. So I picked up a car seat for $15 and now we have a spare. It's not a snazzy as the everyday but for the total of 5 times that she'll likely ride in it it's perfect. Yay!
Last night I had an enrichment planning meeting to go to. Candler got home from work and I was scouring the internet for ideas for the November activity. Hillary had called me, Molly, and Steph to come over for a meeting and plan out November. I didn't want to come empty handed so I printed off a few ideas and headed out the door leaving Candler to put Savvy down for the night. Picked up Molly and off we went. Got to Hillary's house only to find out that I had been tricked and I bit the bait. Steph, Molly, and I all have October birthdays so Hillary had arranged for all of our husbands to watch the kiddos so we could have a girls night. I was the only one that didn't have the faintest idea that it wasn't an actual planning meeting.
Such fun - we went over to Macy's and got our make up done. Once we were looking fine we headed over to Jeni's ice cream and probably each tried 8 or 9 flavors before deciding. I got Wildberry Lavender and Backyard Mint - ice cream perfection! Then we had wonderful girl talk while we consumed our treat. Thanks Hillary for a wonderful, birthday surprise!!
Hillary with Linda, our makeup artist for the night
The Hot Mamas


just got around to reading this post...what a neat surprise! loved it.
ReplyDelete