- She loves to smell flowers. This all started when she would cook with Daddy and he would have her smell the different herbs. Now every morning during breakfast she wants me to hand her one of the flowers so she can smell them individually.
- New word - "Soft" which she pronounces in a really loud voice "Saaaa" while she is petting something (a blanket, my hair, a book, Candler's hair).
- She is starting to dance more to music. Anything that has a good beat she is a fan of. She also likes to conduct music at church and hold the hymnal.
- She has finally mastered going down stairs. Yes, 16 months is much later than I would have liked her to figure this out since we have a 4 level split house with plenty of stairs. But, I've learned that she will do things when she wants regardless of if she has all the physical abilities. She lacked the desire and enjoyed Mommy picking her up. Now I say "How do you go down stairs" and she gets on her knees and crawls backwards down them. Also glad that she figured this out so she won't fall off the deck anymore (only happened twice :-)
- Another change that I had hoped would take place sooner was the disappearance of the bottle. She is now taking her milk from a sippy cup and is perfectly content. Just took a day of protesting until she gave in a bedtime when Candler suggest I offer a soft top sippy cup. She gladly accepted and we said Bye Bye bottles.
- Tantrums. She now shows her frustrations more physically. They are usually quick and non-productive, but she will scrunch her face and fuss. Here we come terrible twos. Don't worry I'm reading all the books I can to minimize this behavior, but just like she can turn on the waterworks in a heartbeat I think she has the same skill with tantrums.
- Teeth - I hate teething. It has been such a long process and Savvy gets so bothered by her teeth. Molars have been terrible and I hear the canines are worse. So far she has gotten in two molars and one more incisor bringing the total teeth count to 10. WooHoo!
- That is all I can think of right now. She is a happy girl and loves to play with friends. We love you Sav!
Playing with her magnadoodle
Drinking her milk from a sippy cup
Destroying, I mean playing with Mommy's recipes
She does look rather methodical
No comments:
Post a Comment