It was our first time taking a long car ride and the first time spending the night in a hotel room. I was mildly worried about the whole situation, but thanks to lots of planning it worked out pretty good. Savvy didn't nap on the way down so it took a Mommy in the backseat entertaining her to make the trip pleasant. She then was super social at Aunt Judy's house and let some new faces hold her without (immediately) putting up a fuss. Then we headed back to the hotel room and I set about putting her down to bed. She actually went down pretty well in the pack n play. The only catch was that left Candler and I to hang out in the bathroom until we were ready to go to bed. We were a bit overcautious and might have been able to get away with watching the TV in bed, but who wants to risk waking up a sleeping baby. So thanks to wireless internet and a laptop we were able to have some entertainment. She slept through the night, only letting out a cry every 2-3 hours as she readjusted. She slept through it, but I was woken up. Ugh. Tired.
The next morning we got a little creative while we were getting ready. Probably not how the hotel intended the leather computer chair to be used.
Dressed in their best together
Savvy and Mommy
The memorial service was very uplifting. I had never been to a LDS funeral before (I guess I've been rather fortunate in that respect that I haven't experienced very many close, personal deaths) and it was very nice and uplifting. It focused on the joy that Gramma experienced in life, the joy that she brought to others, and the comfort we experience by knowing the plan of salvation and that we will be with our family again. So even though it is extremely sad to not have Gramma with us this holiday season and in the future, we will be together again. A wonderful eulogy was given by Aunt Shawn which gave a great summary of her life, including many a funny story that I hadn't heard before. Savannah was her first (and currently only) Great-Grand child and it was very neat to be among the entire Eve family and know that she is the new generation.
No comments:
Post a Comment