Labor day was a fun, relaxing family day. Candler and I decided to take a morning nap along with Savvy and it was nice just to be bums together.
Savvy has been a nap hater for the past couple weeks which I think has coincided with several events - me getting sick twice, construction on our apartments making it super noisy, learning to roll over, being able to stay awake for longer periods of time, and I think some mental developments. All these things have frustrated my happy napper. So by not napping Savvy frustrated our plans of meeting up with some friends at the Upper Arlington Labor Day Arts Festival. We still made it over there for about an hour and a half. We had a good time walking around and then ate a delicious Bahama Mama from Schmidts. Then Candler and I decided to head back to the car while Savvy was still happy.
Later we went and got a picture framed that we had purchased over a year ago at the Columbus Arts Festival. Candler and I both love a good piece of art and we thought that this signed and numbered copy by the artist deserved a proper frame. So hopefully we will be featuring a new piece of art in our living room in the next couple weeks.
To end the day we went over to Anderson's and got a few little prizes - two honey crisp apples and some salt water taffy for me and some bottled orange cream soda for Candler. Then we came home and Candler cooked up a delicious grilled chicken salad.
Yay for family days!
No comments:
Post a Comment