Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Eating Puffs

Tonight Savvy started feeding herself baby puffs. We put a few on her high chair tray and she picked one up, put it in her mouth, chewed, swallowed, and smiled. And then repeated the process until all the puffs were gone. She's still a little slow at grabbing the puffs with her finger and thumb but when she gets it she knows to go straight to her mouth.

She also started playing with a new stacking rings toy today. It has an elephant on top and she loved chomping on his head. Then she played with the rings and I couldn't resist plopping one on her head.


I made some delicious apple crisp tonight thanks to one of my friends. She gave me a bag of apples along with her recipe and I am so glad I tried it. Candler isn't much of a sweets person and wasn't going to have any. He walked into the kitchen, looked in the oven, and then came back and said "Well, maybe I will have some." Looked so good he couldn't resist! Yum!


Apple Crisp
7-8 medium tart apples (jonathans, granny smith, etc.)
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. quick cooking oats
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
dash of salt

Core, peel, and slice apples into a 13x9 baking dish. In a mizing bowl, combine dry ingradients and cut butter into mix. pour mixture evenly over apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before service. Serve warm or cold...Extra yummy with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. That looks delious. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you brining some of that this weekend? Looks yummy! I need to try this recipe. So excited to see you all and see Savvy's new tricks! Cute pics, thanks for sharing. 1.5 more days!

    ReplyDelete