Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Job, New Routines

I wanted to wait until it was officially, official before I posted this, but Candler started a new job on Monday. We are very excited about this position and the career opportunities that it provides. Our prayers (and the prayers of many others on our behalf) were heard and answered.

Looking back on our brief time of unemployment, we were really blessed. We have wonderful family and friends that made sure we were feeling their love and support. After a couple weeks of seeing my girlfriends and reporting on how each week we got one more challenge and nothing seemed to get better they decided to start dropping flowers off to me once a week. It brought me to tears how much people care about us. Candler commented multiple times that he couldn't believe how many friends I have, and I have to agree I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful friends in my life. Text messaging kept me going when I didn't have the energy to talk. Who wants to talk about their life when it isn't going the way they want? But, moving on - things have taken a major turn for the better.

With Candler's new job he is "tele-commuting" so for the first two months while he gets trained and up to speed he is traveling 2 hours each way to work, making for very long days for everyone. Candler's no longer teaching seminary, because, well, he can't with his new schedule. He leaves at 6am and gets home at 8:30pm. Not something that I love, but after praying about the position and the future we know it's the right job for right now. I can't predict the future, but I am confident that we made the right decision. Eventually he will be mostly working from home and only occasionally having to travel. So for the next two months I'm going back on hyper-schedule mode that I did while Candler was in grad school to make sure that I have fun things to look forward to each day. An empty schedule gives me time to be sad and miss Candler, but a full schedule keeps me moving and able to be the happy wife that he needs to come home to so he can keep a positive attitude. This is hard on him too so I need to try and do everything I can to make his life easier.

I've got a bunch of cute posts with lots of pictures of Sav coming, just be patient. I'm super busy with watching Sav, teaching Jazzercise, and doing my contractor work. Add in the normal Mommy duties, wife responsibilities, and trying to help out Candler and I am in bed by 10pm beat. Wheh. We can do this. I swear I have to workout just so I have the energy to keep up with Sav and all of our activities. The fun life of a stay-at-home Mommy, I mean trophy wife :-) Love it!

1 comment:

  1. I am always up for a hangout! Those later afternoon hours when Daddy should be getting home are the hardest at our house

    ReplyDelete