Sav has been in love with play dough lately. I had a couple small containers of play dough, but they were stickier than I thought play dough should be so I tried my hand at making some. It is fabulous stuff! So easy to make and so fun to play with. I made Sav some play dough mats based on some print outs I found on Pinterest and it is a new favorite past time. Sometimes she asks three times a day to play with play dough which gives me time to clean up the kitchen pre/post meals.
The playdough
Play Dough Recipe from here:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 Tbls. vegetable oil
- food coloring (I used 4 drops)
- Just dump all the ingredients into your pot and give them a good stir. Enlist some small help if possible – they will think you are magic.
- Put your pot on the stove and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it forms into a ball.
- As soon as it joins into one big glob, take it off the heat and dump it onto your counter or some wax paper. Wait for it to cool, then knead it a few times until it is nice and soft. This is where you have to use a little self control to let the kids have a turn too.:)
Happy girl
Soooo happy!
Play dough time requires - play dough, mat, and bucket of tools
Very focused = parenting success :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment