Friday, May 25, 2012

Big Girl

On Sunday Sav got a "big girl" bed = we took off the side of her crib and put up the toddler side. It's still more enclosed than a normal bed, but she loves to climb into it herself. So far she hasn't gotten out of the bed herself but I know it will happen. Right now her routine is: shut door, turn off light, turn on fans, sit in the chair and read her ABC book, then I ask her if she is ready to climb. She responds "I climb" and then climbs up into her bed. I put her blankie on her, give her a kiss and off to dreamland she goes.

She also got a big girl chair now at the table. She's been just sitting in a booster, but she claimed that it was too tight on her legs. So I asked her if she was ready for a big girl chair like Mommy and she said yes. So we now have four normal chairs at our kitchen table...strange. I've been working on getting Sav to stay sitting on her bottom while at the table, but I think it's just going to be a little more reminding. She's testing the boundaries right now, but it hasn't been a hard transition.

She's just getting to be such a big girl. Now we've just got to decide when we want to tackle potty training.

*Update 6/17/12 here is a picture of Sav sleeping in her bed. She can get in/out, but still protected from falling. She also likes a pillow now. Next step twin bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment