Friday, May 25, 2012

Sickness - Strep Anniversary

Sav started the sickness a couple weeks ago with a snotty nose, but it seemed that she got over it and was doing better. Yay! I thought her immune system had fought off the illness - wrong, it was just growing into a ginormous sickness. This is how our week has gone:

Saturday - Sav refuses to eat dinner which is unusual for my healthy, hearty eater
Sunday - Gets a fever on the way to church, Candler brings her home early
Monday - Still has fever, spikes to 102, doesn't want to eat except to drink milk
Tuesday - Fever is still yo-yoing up and down with meds but not going away, called the Dr. and got an appt. I start feeling sick - achy all over.
Wednesday - See Sav's doctor - she has a double ear infection and scarlet fever. Awesome. She also has a random rash on her legs which is what I thought the rash on her upper arm/upper chest was...nope that's the scarlet fever not sure what is on her legs but the doctor wasn't overly concerned. I felt terrible this morning and was 99% sure that I had strep throat. After Sav's appointment we went to the Minute Clinic to get me tested and sure enough she shared her illness with me and I had strep throat. Off to get meds for both of us. My Mother-in-law comes over to cook and help out so I can rest = wonderful.
Thursday - Sav is feeling a ton better and has a lot of energy. I am having a hard time swallowing and remembering how much the first 24 hrs of strep suck. Margie went home this morning and the afternoon/evening was really tiring with Sav. Candler got home at 7:45 and I was in bed by 8:30. Wheh.
Friday - Sav is almost normal and is actually eating solid foods again, still requesting more milk than is usual. I am probably about 60% normal. Swallowing still is an effort, but overall I'm on the upswing.

I am very grateful for my family and friends - meals, texts, love. I'm very loved to have so many people helping me anytime a challenge arises.

Side note -  I went back through my blog and discovered that exactly one year ago I had strep throat. Yay for anniversaries. Here's hoping there isn't another May date with Strep.

No comments:

Post a Comment