Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Strep throat for Savvy

My poor little sickie Savvy. Wheh. So let's start with what led up to us going to the Dr. this morning:

  • Saturday - Savvy was extra touchy, didn't want to entertain herself, wanted to be carried more than normal
  • Sunday - Felt a little warm at church and lots of just sitting on our lap. Took her temp when we got home and it was 101. Later in the afternoon/evening it spiked to 103.5 so we gave her a bath and the fever came down.
  • Monday - Still had a fever but was playing a little more chill than usual. Fever ranged from 99-102 during the day and always came down with Tylenol/Motrin. She had a little clear snot, but nothing major. Really hard time going to bed. More moaning than actual crying. She would get comfy, end up coughing, moan, move, repeat. Ended up giving her some cough meds to help her sleep.
  • Tuesday - Woke up at 6am with a fever of 105.1! Ahhhh - got in the tub with her, gave her a bottle in the tub, and the fever came down to 102. Sad when 102 sounds good. Let her watch Sid the Science Kid for 10 minutes and then she went back to sleep until 9:30am when I woke her up so we could go to the Dr.
The Doctor said that Strep throat is really rare in children under age 3. Savvy apparently has the same gift that I had as a child - getting ear infections and strep throat usually when I was getting in a tooth. How many teeth does she still need? Great.

So we are on our fourth round of antibiotics this year. Amoxicillin is our friend. Hopefully none of her little friends or big friends get strep.

1 comment:

  1. Poor girl. I'm so sorry for her. I had strep lots when I was young. It's no fun. I hope she recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete