Margie put on quite the spread - cheesy potatoes, homemade applesauce (which I am addicted to), spiral sliced ham, and peas. Delicious. Savvy even got to enjoy the feast. Then I tried to get her to take a nap - fail. I on the other hand took a 20 minute catnap on the couch while the rest of the family played with Savvy. Lovely.
Margie also put together an easter basket for Savvy filled with Gerber toddler snacks. Savvy was in heaven and definitely had a second lunch on snacks. For the adults Margie gave us each a Lindt chocolate bunny. Yum. (I say Margie because I am pretty certain that John was not the planner here, but I could be mistaken :)
Margie also made sure that we focused on the real meaning of Easter - celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Tyler played a beautiful piece on the piano and then Candler and John both shared a spiritual thought. Savvy was keen on exploring the house during this so I was in and out of the living room, but was still able to feel the spirit. Great day.
It was wonderful to spend the day playing with family and remembering our Savior. Thanks Eve family!
Easter basket from Mommy - Crayons, lamb book, chocolate bunny, easter egg sidewalk chalk, and some chick eggs.
Hehe she loves the empty easter eggs. Next year I won't be so luck.
Attempting to get a picture together before church. Savvy was not having it.
She wanted to get the camera. The instant I put her down she was all smiles. Sneaky girl.
Wearing her light blue easter dress with blue beads that she picked out. So happy.
After changing into some comfy clothes she got an Easter Bunny basket from Grandma.
I love how attentive she looks right here. Focused on the peach yogurt chips.
Eating a cheese puff
Too much partying, not enough napping = passed out girl in the car
No comments:
Post a Comment