In December our family survived the stomach virus (come to now be called the norovirus by the news). We had the holiday spirit and accidentally shared it with our family and friends (sorry!) amd then we were all healthy! Yay! Play dates could resume and I thought we might coast until February.I should have known better. On Sunday Sav started to get a little cough at dinner time and we had to wipe her nose. Monday a little worse, but come Tuesday when Candler had to head out of town Sav started getting snottier and developing a cough. Wednesday I got concerned when her cough started making it hard for her to breath so I called the doctor's office after her nap planning on making a sick appointment for the next morning. The nurse heard Sav coughing in the background and said "I think I hear some wheezing, can you bring her in right now?" Panic. Ummm yes I can. I'm concerned that you're concerned. So my plans of teaching JZ and having a friend watch Sav were canceled. The doctor decided that while she did have a bark to her cough it was likely just all the mucus and if she wasn't improving by Monday to come back. Yay the 10-14 cycle of a cold.
After we got home from the doctor Sav took a turn for the worse with a fever of 102 and started coughing so bad that she was throwing up. Thus began a long night for a pregnant Mom on her own with a sick child. Three loads of laundry, getting up more times than I care to remember, wiping noses, snuggling, vicks vapor rubbing, refilling the humidifier, steam showers, and the like and come Thursday morning I don't know which of us was more tired. We survived and thankfully she did start to get better on Friday but it was a rough couple days with Sav being sick and Candler being out of town. I lived to tell the tale, but I'm so grateful for the days that Candler is working from home. Wheh!
No comments:
Post a Comment