Friday, January 18, 2013

Prepping for Em's Shower

My sister came into town the day before her baby shower and Sav and I headed to my parent's house to have some family time. It had been a long week with Candler gone and Sav sick with a cold, but she was showing signs of improving so I thought we could manage some snuggling at Grandma's house.

Sav loved playing with Uncle Nate, Aunt Emily, and Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa. It was so fun to see her playing with my Grandpa. He was so sweet reading books to her and helping her decorate a pound puppy with necklaces. I forget sometimes that he was a Daddy to two girls as well so he has been playing dress up for a long time :-)

We stayed at the house for the day which gave my Mom and I a chance to get the finishing touches together for Emily's shower. I had been prepping freezer meals Thursday night and called my Mom asking if she had made plans for dinner Friday night. She hadn't so I went ahead and brought two pans of enchiladas over. Nothing fancy, but I knew with two pregnant ladies in the house it was a good idea to have dinner planned ahead of time.

Sav got to open a little present from Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa which of course was thrilling :-) My Grandma was always one to bring a little present for me and Em even if it just contained our favorite candy (mine was sour gummy worms) and a little notepad. Then we headed for home so Sav could see Candler for a few minutes before an early bedtime.

Sorry this is the end of the day I'm tired smile - lovely enchiladas

Fun times with Uncle Nate

Presents

Play dough!

Pure glee

Dora!

Playing with Aunt Emily and Uncle Nate

Aunt Em knows how to get her laughing

Puppy decorating



I love how Sav is doing some random exercise move and Grandpa is fixing the puppy in the background

Storytime for Uncle Nate

Sav's totally in her element


Reading and playing with Great-Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment