So this is actually my first "new" stroller. I am an avid garage sale, goodwill, and craigslist shopper. For the previous 4 (I know it's way more than necessary) strollers I have purchased them all used and then used and re-sold them often for the same price I originally paid for them. The current umbrella stroller that I have for Sav (and love) I paid $10 for and have used it a ton in the past year and a half. I'm still holding onto it because I know there will be times when I'll just have one child in a stroller. But, when I started looking for a stroller for my two girls I wasn't finding a used one that I loved. I fell in love with a sit-n-stand stroller at Babies R Us and while helping my sister register there for her bundle of joy I tested it out and was still a big fan. I continued to wait and hem and haw over the purchase. The closest stroller that I found to what I wanted was still $80 used and it didn't make me as happy. Well, come New Year's Eve and Babies R Us is having a sale and the stroller is 30% off. I was showing it to Candler and he said "Why don't you buy it?" well...good question. The 2013 budget didn't go into effect for another couple hours so I seized the moment.
It arrived to our front door and Sav helped me put it together. I love it (as much as you can love a stroller that you still have to push and cart your children around in)! Sav has had a blast exploring it and decided that she wants to ride on the bench seat like her friend Olivia. We put a blanket over it and it became her house and she uses her tools to fix it. Seriously, I couldn't have predicted Sav would be so excited. She has been requesting to take her new stroller to the zoo and has also been using it as an exercise machine. Here are some of her exercise moves :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment