Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ward Luau

Our ward at church hosted a Luau celebration. Our Elder's Quorum President is from Hawaii and he pulled a lot of strings to make it a fun evening. Sav was a big fan of the stickers, food, dancing, and playing with friends. What more do you need?

Sav really enjoyed watching the dancers. She got right on the floor with Hillary and watched intently and then clapped for each group - 8-11 year old girls, RS ladies, and our Elders Quorum all performed. Then they did a group dance of the Huki Lau. Two stories on the Huki Lau - back in the day when I was in the singles ward I actually taught this dance to a group of 50+ singles. It was way fun and thank goodness there was a good DVD at the library that I could learn from :-) This time I got confirmation that I had actually learned it pretty correctly. Sav loved doing a dance, although on the video she had stopped dancing and was saying that she wanted a microphone (this is requested every time we go to JZ so nothing that I wasn't used to).

So we went to church the next day and one of the ladies stops me and said that on the way home her three girls were talking and said "Sister Eve has some really good hulu skills!" Oh cute :-) Thanks girls!

Sav and Dad

Hill and Lil

This is Lily's scrunchy face - so silly

Getting ready to watch the dancers

We love the Luau!

In and umbrella with Olivia

Failed picture attempt - Sav wanted to keep playing

No comments:

Post a Comment