When a my friend Abby texted and asked if she could steal Savannah my immediate response was yes. Maybe I should have asked more questions, but it turned into an awesome day for Sav and I both. I think Abby was okay with having a toddler again :-)
I had to teach JZ and Abby was scheduled to be the babysitter. She had double booked herself and needed to take her kids to vacation bible school. So she and the kids came to JZ, of course no other kids showed up for the early class, so she grabbed Sav's car seat from my car and got her loaded into the van with her five kids. I thought Sav might have been a little sad to be leaving JZ without me, nope. Anything involving Abby or the kids is a home run.
Abby dropped off the kids and then she and Sav got to have some fun. Sav took their dog (a big boxer that once upon a time she was afraid of) on a walk, learned how to tell him to sit and take a nap. As usual she consumed most of Abby's strawberries and then the highlight of the trip - she got to go to the police station. She counted the police cars and got a cool police badge sticker. Then picked up the kids and came back home. Wheh. Did I mention that I got the morning off? Amazing! I got to shower, grocery shop, go to my OB appointment, and clean the house - crazy productivity.
Thank you Abby! Sav was in a fabulous mood all day and wants to play with Abby more :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment