Saturday morning we headed to a local pastery shop for some sweet breakfast treats before heading downtown. We took a duck tour of the downtown and I am pretty sure I learned more history in that one hour than I know of our hometown! It was a lot of fun and Em was a wonderful host to go on the tour again with us. Then it was time for shopping! We headed up to the outlets and ended up picking up some odds and ends and then did a Barbie moment with Mom. We put her in a dressing room and had fun having her try on new clothes that we picked for her - it was fun to turn the tables around :-) I think she enjoyed it and got some super cute new clothes.
We went back and picked up Nate so he could join us for a late dinner at a local Log Cabin restaurant. The food was delicious (I had the chicken fried steak) and the company was even better. We stayed up late chatting and playing a ridiculous Nancy Drew DVD game that got Em and I laughing at the outlet store. It lived up to our expectations and took us back to our childhood of play SimTower, Myst, and Riven together. Ohhhh we were sooo cool :-)
Sunday morning we had a lazy morning and just enjoyed some girl time before hitting the road. We made it back safe and sound and will definitely have to plan another weekend of fun together.
Em and Mom
Me and Mom - can't stop the laughter
Pose!
Watching the work on the railroad
Pittsburgh!
Hard to believe this was actually used in the melting of iron ore...no wonder mortality the workers went on strikes!
Our Duck
Mom and Em
Ready to roll!
Such a beautiful day
You can tell a restaurant is good by how many cars are there
Lorencen Ladies
Nate and Em
Mmmmmm...happy belly
No comments:
Post a Comment