Thursday, August 2, 2012

Allison's Baby Shower

My friend Liz and I recently got assigned to be visiting teaching companions. One of the new ladies that we get to visit recently moved here and was just a month away from her due date. After visiting with her I came home with two thoughts - she seems like a super fun, down to earth girl that I can't wait to get to know better and two, someone needs to throw her a shower quick! I know that getting to know new friends after having a baby is tricky so I thought if we could introduce her to some friends before little Grady is born she would feel a little more at ease :-)

So after some quick planning I hosted along with Liz a little baby shower. We did it desserts only and had one fun little game. I had some grand ideas of what I wanted to make, but decided to hold back and try to be as frugal as possible. I ended up only buying lemons and limes to make some citrus water then from food storage I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (half were used for a play date and the other half for the party), lemon bars, brownies, and pulled Hillary's Samoas bars out of the freezer. Delicious and good on the budget! We had a few more treats that made for an amazing spread.

I think everyone had a good time and Allison was very sweet and appreciative of all of the love. So glad we were able to throw her a little party.

Allison - the Mom-to-be

Sav and Kate sharing a brownie while April chats with them

Liz, April, and Astrid eating some treats

Allison and her Mom

Erin holding Lisa's baby

Lisa enjoying a baby free moment to eat some treats

Let the cute gifts begin!





Little Kori slept through the whole party. What a champ!

PS - I got lazy in my photo taking and failed to get a picture of me, Jen, Amber, and Lindsey. Sorry ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment