I took Sav to a free kids concert with a couple friends. I wasn't sure how much she would like the concert, but I knew she would love playing at the adjoining splash pad regardless. Turns out she was quite the fan of the concert. We got there a little early (thank goodness because it got crazy packed) and played on the steps of the stage with some sidewalk chalk. While we were playing there the musician that was putting on the concert came to the edge of the stage and was talking to a few kids saying hello. Savannah stood up from her chalk, climbed a couple steps, and gave him a hug. He was very touched, but since when does my shy daughter hug complete strangers????
Sav loved the songs that she knew (ABCs was a big hit). Then we hit the bathrooms and got ready to splash pad it up. Our friends the Hoyles and Philpotts came to the concert as well and then the kids frolicked in the water. Sav loved it and barely sat down to eat her lunch. What a fun morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment