Sunday, July 29, 2012

Air Force Museum

We took a trip to visit Candler's parents and Sav was very excited to "See Grandma, Grandpa, and puppy Joey." It's a quick trip and we got there in time for some dinner, a little playing, and then bedtime. Sav got to sleep on a big girl bed and did surprisingly well.

We watched the Olympic opening ceremonies because I wanted to see the dancing...underwhelmed majorly. The next morning Candler and John played a early morning 9 holes of golf and then came back to check on the ladies. We were just exploring and getting ready. Sav enjoyed playing the piano with Grandma and chasing/playing with Joey when he was allowed out of his room.

We decided to go check out the near by Air Force Museum. It's free and Candler is a big plan fan. I wouldn't say that it is designed for toddlers, but there were a couple planes that you could touch and climb into. It was hard to explain to Sav that she still had to wait her turn even though there were 50 year old men in the plane cock pit taking forever. She managed through a few tears :-) That's what you get near lunch/nap time in a new place. Lots of fun, just wished I hadn't taken the stroller out of the trunk but thankfully Sav enjoyed riding on Candler's shoulders.

We decided to cater towards Sav for lunch and stopped at Steak n Shake for some food. I felt guilting having a milk shake while John and Margie were being so good at sticking to their healthy options...but I've gotta gains some weight for the baby right? :-) Overall a great trip and Sav can't wait to see Grandma and Grandpa more.

Sav required a backpack just like Daddy

We let her pick a couple toys and she was ready to go!

Rocking Grandma's hat

Cheese for airplanes!


Sav enjoyed riding on Daddy's shoulders because Mommy didn't bring the stroller

Eve family cheese!

Sav and Mommy in the cockpit

I love my little explorer

Worn out and waiting for our Chauffeur, I mean Grandpa, to get the car

Steak n Shake Sav

A lil milkshake and she perks right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment