- Pointing in books - Savvy has always loved touching books, turning the page, lifting the flap, feeling the soft bunny, etc. Now she takes my hand and makes me do it. Now I get to feel the soft bunny too.
- Climbing Stairs - Savvy has had the physical ability to do this for a while now. She would crawl one or two stairs and then be done. I purposely haven't encouraged her interest in stairs since we have a multi-level house there are lots of short flights of stairs. Last night she proved that she could climb the whole flight if she had enough motivation. The right motivation - Mommy standing at the tops of the stairs sending a text message to a friend. I looked up and she was on the fourth stair. I quickly got behind her and she finished racing to the top. Then she did it again when Candler got home and I was upstairs talking on the phone. Baby gate for downstairs here we come.
- Riding her car - Savvy has a little plastic car/bicycle toy that she has always been a fan of. She would normally walk along side it to keep her steady. A few minutes ago she showed me that she can get on and off it by herself. So happy!
- Giving me my looks - I honestly don't know all the facial expressions I make, but there are a few looks that I am consciously aware that I make. One is furrowing my brow when I'm working intensely on something (I actually had a few co-workers ask me if I was okay one day when MS Excel was not being cooperative). Savvy just started giving me a Colleen look yesterday and has done it five or six times. She tilts her head slightly down and looks her eyes up at me. Kind of a "You want me to what?" look. So strange to have a little one imitate me whether it's from genetics or real life imitation.
- Getting into Music - Savvy now has certain songs that are her jam. She loves the Album "Here come the 123s" by They Might Be Giants. She likes the theme song, High Five, and I never go to work the best. So fun to see her little face light up and her dance hands in the air.
- Crawling over and through things - I didn't notice that Savvy wouldn't crawl in/through things until she started doing it. She first crawled through her play kitchen and then under her high chair and the kitchen table. Yesterday we went to the Tuttle Mall play area and she loved it. She scoped it out for a while and watched the other kids playing in the space shuttle tunnel. Then she braved up and went through it too. She seemed so proud of herself. We'll have to go again.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Savvy Tricks
In the past few days I feel like Savvy has started doing a ton of new things. I am pretty sure that she has been practicing in secret and then revealing them once she is confident in her abilities - but I'm probably thinking to hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for new tricks!Yes those are your own expressions coming to haunt you. Remember, the cute ones are yours too :)
ReplyDelete