Friday, April 22, 2011

April Family Visit

My sister and Nate came in for a quick visit last weekend. It was great fun to see everyone even if it was just for part of the day. My parents also came over so they could play with Savvy. Savvy enjoyed her visitors and played hard. We had a yummy lunch of pizza and salad from Tommy's Pizza (OSU favorite) and then Savvy went down for a nap. Nap time = mommy play time so Emily and I seized the opportunity and went out to MJR Sales to grab some cute clothes on sale. After a hour and some shoe shopping at DSW we headed back to switch with the boys. They went to check out tools and meat (very manly).

We ended up trying out a new restaurant in Powell - Thai Orchard. My personal review would be par, maybe a bit lower. I'm not very familiar with Thai food, but I have been to a couple and this one wasn't very welcoming to the non-familiar with Thai food. There was the authentic Thai food section of the menu (good luck understanding if you would like it) and then the more familiar chinese type entrees. Candler and Nate were adventurous while Em and I took the safe route. Our food wasn't bad, but I wouldn't rave about it. The restaurant was overly fancy for the price point. I wouldn't associate a waterfall and someone playing the piano surrounded by leather lounge chairs with a drive up take out window. When we walked in I was worried about having Savvy in such a fancy type environment. My instinct proved right as she chose this one moment to be fussy in a restaurant (which she has never done before). Good to try a new place, but we'll continue on to another new place instead of going back for a repeat visit.

After dinner we went home and put Savvy down for the night. Then the boys retired to the man cave so that the ladies could watch a chick flick. Excellent evening. Love you guys!

Savvy shared her love of Sid with everyone
Yes a 26 lb wonder holds all our attnetion

Showing off her ark to Aunt Emily

Aunt Em teaching her how to build with her blocks

Dad playing with the helicopter



Savvy helping unload the dishwasher - a daily favorite


Commandeering a spatula  
Loves a good BlackBerry

Traversing some rocky terrain


Pretend drinking from a cup 

Cuddling with Uncle Nate

1 comment:

  1. It's so funny how the little ones like to help unload the dishwasher, Jack is the same way. If you want to some good thai food there is a good place in the little strip mall on Bethel-where the Johnny B's is. I can't remember the name but it's really good and pretty casual. It also serves vietnamese(sp?)too. Savvy is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete