Last week I joined Jazzercise - 5 years ago I would have adamantly been against this. But after being a gym member for a couple years I realized that the only way I consistently went to the gym was when there was a class that I liked or a friend that I was meeting to take a class with. Treadmills and elliptical machines are always there and don't get me out of bed in the morning. A good dance beat and a motivating teacher can easily get me to a studio and sweating for an hour.
So enter Jazzercise. A lady from church told a friend of mine about free classes on Friday during the month of March. I enjoyed the class and even more enjoyed the price options. They have a program where if you babysit one hour a week you can pay a discounted rate. So depending on how much you value your time it's a good deal. I pay $5 a month, babysit one evening a week, and can take as many classes as I want. I figure it's good for me to get Savvy used to being watched by other people and being in the babysitting room with me.
The first few times I went she was a little sensitive when I left and needed to be held. Then the last time we were there was a huge improvement - they said she was a little touchy the first 15 minutes or so and then the kids started playing with her and she loved it. They would bring over plastic food from the kitchen and pretend to eat it together. When I went in after class she didn't even notice me for a minute or two. Yay! So glad that she is having some fun playtime and I'm getting back to a workout routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment