Sav and I love to cook together and often we make muffins. Mommy loves to eat them, Sav loves to eat them, so we make them often. I had a muffin mix in the cabinet and I thought we would make them. Nice, quick, just what I was looking for. I had Sav help pour the mix in the bowl, pour in the water, and stir. Then I said it was time to scoop them and she started bawling. Confused...Then Sav says she needs more ingredients "Baking soda, vanilla, eggs,..." She is a used to getting muffins from scratch and apparently quick and easy was not what she was looking for. Oh goodness. Here is our favorite recipe to make:
Banana Muffins - from Steph Hoyle
Makes 16-17 muffins
Ingredients:
3/4 C Sugar
1/2 stick butter
3 bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 C yogurt - any flavor/kind
2 C flour*
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Optional - nuts, chocolate chips, blueberries, etc.
*You can substitute 1/2 C chia seeds for 1/2 C flour if you'd like. Steph recommends only subbing 1/4 C per 1 C flour in a recipe. I like to grind my Chia seeds into a flour first and then use them.
1. Cream together sugar and butter
2. Add eggs one at a time, bananas, vanilla, and yogurt
while blending
3. Add dry ingredients. Mix.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes
No comments:
Post a Comment