Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cecilia's Nursery

I am not a decorator by any means and I rarely attempt decorating. Hence us living in our house for 2 years and the most coordinated rooms are Sav's room and the living room. I do aspire to one day have it all together and I think Candler knows how to get me to make a decision on a room - he just has to start work on it for me to say "wait!! This is what I want..." The nursery has been empty for a while, the furniture has been there, and Sav even used this same nursery for over a year, but I never decorated it until one month before Cici was born.

I decided we might as well paint the room pink :-) So over Candler's three day weekend for MLK he painted the room and then I decided to paint the furniture that wasn't already matched (bookshelf, side table, and changing table). I was hoping it would send me into labor, all the bending over and such, but it just wore me out instead. Candler wanted to put a chandelier in the room so we picked one out at Lowes and then Sav and I helped him hang the jewels on it. Then we pieced together the remaining decorations and accent pieces. All in all it was a pretty inexpensive room transformation and I love it!

Re-used items from various places in the house - Crib, Glidder/ottoman, side table, bookshelf, changing table, curtain rod, clock, canvases and mirrors for decoration, and crib skirt made from Sav's old curtains
New - Pink and brown paint, Chandelier and roller shade (Lowes), curtains (gift card to TJMaxx), lamp and rug (gift card to Target), baskets for the bookshelf (Michael's day after Thanksgiving deals), crib bumper (Goodwill for $3), trash can (Meijer)

This is what the room often looks like as Sav likes to bring toys in to play with while I'm feeding Cici

Mirror decoration made by my friend Hillary

Cici hanging out while I photograph her room




It sparkles :-) Hillary also put together the letters over the crib for Cici

Crib skirt made from Sav's old curtains - My Mom and I had to do something crafty for the nursery, it's tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment