Thursday, December 8, 2011

Relief Society Christmas Dinner

My friend Hillary is in charge of the quarterly activities for our Relief Society at church. For December this meant our annual Christmas dinner for the ladies in our ward. Amongst her committee Hillary ended up being in charge of the dinner and asked me and two other young Mom friends to help. So you have four young Moms attempting to prepare, cook, and feed forty women. Eek! It turned out lovely, but it was an exhausting week and evening. I helped by shopping for all the groceries and then delivering them to the cookers. Then helped Hillary transport three crock pots of chicken to the church and then the associated set up and clean up.

I had to laugh because over six years ago Hillary and I were doing the exact same thing in the Singles Ward. I was in charge of the Activities committee along with Amman and had asked Hillary to be on my committee. So for a good year we planned and prepared for dances and other activities. I remember an April Showers dance where we made fresh salsa and rain drop cookies. We needed to mix together the salsa and couldn't find a spoon. So Hillary used her (freshly washed) hands to do some good old fashioned mixing. Oh the look on Amman's face was priceless. Not how he would have done it, but it worked. Who knew that we would end up working together all these years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment