A couple months ago my favorite teacher got me to agree to become a Jazzercise instructor. With 15 years of dance experience under my belt I'd say no problem. Have you ever been to a Jazzercise class? They are intense!! So I have been practicing my tushy off and have been loving the help Erin has been giving me. I passed the first test back in October which was a movement screening where I guess I proved that I am coordinated. Next up is the hard part. I have to pass a written exam and perform/cue 10 routines. Like any audition you don't know which ones they will ask you to perform so you'd better be ready. Learning the routines has been a challenge, but each one gets a little easier. Cueing is also new, but I think I am getting it. I've still got a little less than two months before my audition, but I think time is going to fly by.
After I practiced with Erin on Tuesday her feedback for one song was "Well...the song is called C'mon get funky, so let's try to be a little funkier." True that. Funky is not my strong point. I think this is going to be a fun new adventure for me. If nothing else I have to keep in shape just to be able to teach and not die on stage :)
No comments:
Post a Comment