Saturday, October 15, 2011

Back to Running

So remember when I was running four miles for my race, well post race I wasn't good at keeping it up. The weather was bad on days I had planned to run, I was tired from seminary, I had work to do, all very valid excuses I promise you. And then I just took it off my to do list. I still Jazzercised 2-3 times a week, but I just wasn't doing anything else exercise wise. Well, two of my Jazzer-moms invited me to come running with them on Friday and I said sure. It was a great time, until we got 10-15 minutes into the run and I wanted to die. Thank heavens Abby wasn't pushing a stroller so she took over pushing Sav so I could use my arms. That made a huge difference. Ugh pushing a jogging stroller is not my favorite. But, we did a 5k run through a gorgeous Metro Park and Sav had a great time playing with Adrienne and Owen. I think she and Owen were playing a game of peek-a-boo through their jogging strollers while we were running. Such cuties. One day later my legs are suitably sore, but I am up for doing it again. It's nice to have running buddies.

They also suggested that I join them on Thanksgiving morning for a 4 mile race and I'm contemplating it. I need to put in a couple more runs next week before I sign up for anything :-) Might have to track down a treadmill to run on when the weather is too rough to take Sav out.

No comments:

Post a Comment