Friday, September 30, 2011

Sleepover at G&Gs

Savannah had her first sleep over at my parent's house and we'll call it a success. I took her over there after she woke up from her nap and she was a little timid at first. Once she found my Mom's toy basket she was a happy camper. She was a big fan of all the books and the little care bear figurines. She wasn't a fan of me leaving so once I sneaked out to put a car seat in their car I decided it was best to just say bye to my Dad and not disturb my Mom and Savvy.

According to my parents she slept from about 9-5:30am, which is not ideal. But, she didn't cry at all when she went down so that is a big success for sleeping in a strange place and not having Mommy or Daddy put her down. I'm still puzzled, but my parents said that Sav didn't want to take a bath in the guest bath, but wanted to take one in my parent's ginormous three person seater tub. Not sure how she knew there was another bath tub, but the princess gets what she wants :-)

Candler and I got to go out on a date and it was very fun to be out just the two of us, but it also seemed strange. I calmed down as the night went on, but did keep my phone on the table just in case my Mom called I didn't want to miss it. I know. I'm a little crazy. But acceptance is the first step right? It doesn't help ease my fears when my parents tell me "it wasn't that long ago..." I know how old I am and it's been a long time since I was a toddler trying to put my finger in electrical outlets. So I am allowed to worry a little right?

We had dinner at a restaurant downtown that I'd wanted to try for a while now, we just never get down there.  And a lot of the restaurants we want to try down there aren't high chair conducive. So we have a list going and will slowly make it to them. Tip Top was very yummy. We shared the Ohio Nachos (added sausage which at first I wasn't sold on and then I tasted it and it was awesome. Would have been great on some biscuits and gravy). Then I had a half a Strawberry-Bleu salad with chicken and Candler had half the Hell Salad and a Reuben. The nachos were huge and I was glad I didn't over order. Candler had some tasty left overs the next day so maybe in reality he planned just right :-)

Then we went over to the OSU Urban Art Space where one of Candler's MBA mates was having a business soiree. He was opening a spin off of the company that Candler and a couple other teammates had created during an entrepreneurship class. It was neat to go to something new and be able to check out what they were offering. I think I let my industrial engineer mind go a little too much when I started asking Candler questions like "well, how will they determine the delivery cost to the customer? How do they keep the right inventory in such a small space, how do they..." Oops. I was curious.

Then the glorious part of having Sav spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa was that we didn't wake up until 9:30am. I do not remember the last time that happened. It was nice, but we still missed our little girl. The house felt very empty without her little footsteps. So we went off and picked her up. Very grateful that my parents live nearby-ish so we can have these kinds of experiences - good for us and good for her. Thanks Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

  1. You know we had a great time. We learned a lot about our little girl...and our granddaughter too. You guys are raising a smart little girl. Thank you for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete