Friday, September 16, 2011

Latest Read - Before I Go to Sleep

Before I Go to SleepBefore I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


So this was a twist on a common premise - woman with amnesia wakes up and doesn't recall who she is. Each time I told someone about the basics of this book without giving away anything they said "oh, isn't that the book that 50 first dates was based on?" Sorry Charlie, this book was just written in 2011 long after Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler fell in love.

This book is more suspenseful than usual and I liked the third part of the book. But, all the back story leading up to the conclusion left me wanting to skip paragraphs saying to myself "I already know this" even though I realize that the main character was remembering events already described to the reader.

Not sure if I would recommend. Not a bad read, just wasn't a favorite for me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment