Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sav is 19 months old

Hard to believe that our little Miss is 1.5+1 month old. She's getting closer to 2 every day. Here are some highlights from the past month.

- Expanded Vocabulary - Every day I think there is a new word she is saying. She's never been a huge talker, but she is trying more and more to get her point across verbally. Often is she starts fussing I'll ask her if she needs help and she'll reply "halp" or if something is stuck and she's reply "stuk". Usually Mr. Potato Head is stuck in his container so she needs help. It's funny how she can go from fussing to perfectly fine once I acknowledge that she needs help. She was just frustrated. She is also saying balloon (baaoon) and towel (towl) and I think she said two the other day. She is also understanding a lot. She really likes to help me with the dishes so the moment I say "Do you want to help with the dishes?" She goes over and starts pulling on the dishwasher handle. She's also getting good at animal sounds and she will snort for pigs, moo for cows, and I think just say fishie and "key" for monkey.

- Playing with friends. Talking with other Moms it's always interesting to see how each kid is growing. Sav is one of the younger kids in the group of friends that she plays with often so it's nice to see when she reaches a phase that a few months ago one of her friends went through. One phase that we do not understand is that according to all the parenting books kids don't actually start to play with each other until they are around 2.5 or 3 years old. Well, maybe our kids play together so frequently they think that they are siblings, but they play together. When Lily was over here for a couple days while Baby Rob was in the hospital with Hillary I got to watch the girls play together. Lily very much wants Sav to have everything she has be it a drink, snack, coloring, necklace, you name it she says "Savvy too?" How can I say no? They also have a drinking game that they play together. One takes a drink and says "ahh" then the other takes a drink and says "ahh" and no this wasn't a one time game, it's been going on for a couple weeks now.

Reading a book to Lily and Sav

They both wanted to point at the same time so I had to ask Lily specific questions and then Sav otherwise there was a war.

Coloring

Lily sang a song while they were coloring and Sav loved it

Yummy milk

Not the best catch of their game but they do the ahh thing in the beginning. They were watching a show at the same time so you don't get the full effect where they giggle and laugh at each other. I'll keep trying to catch it.


- Independence. Sav has taken a big interest in trying to do things herself. She tries to put on her shoes, clothes, chapstick, deodorant, and pretty much anything that she sees me do. She's typically not successful in putting it on correctly, but she can get her arm in an arm hole or her feet in part of the shoe. She's very proud of these accomplishments.
Wearing Mommy's shoes

Watching Peppa the Pig on her video player thing (gift from Daddy so he doesn't have to share his iPhone)


- Sitting at the table. We are starting to phase out the high chair. For one reason she is kinda too big and it's hard to get her in and out especially if she's wearing shoes. She's a size 7 toddler shoe now and those high chair leg holes were meant for baby feet, not walking feet. I think she likes sitting with us. It's a little harder to contain the mess, especially since with her new found independence she insists on feeding herself so there is applesauce on the leg, floor, chair, and other objects that then need cleaning up. But, I realize that one day she will be a big girl and sitting at the table is a step in the right direction.

Such a cute, happy girl. We love you Savvy!
Dressed to the nines and ready for church in a cute dress from Grandma Eve.

2 comments:

  1. aaahhhh....yessssss....milk! I do exactly the same thing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks adorable! I knew she would, I just didn't think the time would pass soooooo fast! Thanks for posting this picture, it is fun for me to see how it looks on her. Which is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete