Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Seminary has begun

Monday was our first day of seminary and boy are we tired! As Candler put it "Getting up at 5am is no joke". Class starts at 6:15am so I personally roll out of bed at 6:10am, brush my teeth, throw on some comfy clothes, and head downstairs. Candler, being the teacher has gotten up earlier than me so he can shower and get dressed for the day. I went to four years of seminary when I was in high school and hope that I can keep coming to Candler's class for a couple reasons. It's nice to start your day off spiritually and focused. I feel much more alert now by the time Sav wakes up. Also, I wanted to stay on the same schedule as Candler. I enjoy us both going to bed at the same time. There is something to be said for conversations that you have right before you go to sleep. Those are the lasting impressions of the day, concerns still weighing on your mind, and things that you forgot to the tell the other person. So Candler and I are adjust to getting in bed around 9:30ish each night. Then past two nights we have both been beat by the end of the day.

I think it will be a fun year. We've got a great group of 11 kids, so it's a full class. The first couple lessons were on why seminary is important, what is the old testament, and today was the first half of the plan of salvation. Great material and great class participation.

Last night at dinner Candler was talking over his lesson with me while eating dinner. Sav finished her dinner and then wanted him to read her a book. I got a quick picture and it reminded me of when she was a baby and he was trying to juggle studying for his MBA. I guess there is always going to be something demanding his time :-)

Sav also helped us set up the classroom on Sunday and looked like such a big girl sitting on the chair.



No comments:

Post a Comment