So my sister-in-law posted that she was looking for some new crock pot meals. It's easier to blog than post entire recipes on Facebook so here are two more that I haven't posted up here yet.
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
My Dad always made this for dinner when I was a kid. Great way to use up leftover ham. Can be a main dish or a side.
4 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
1 cup onion, sliced
10-3/4 oz. can cream of celery (I use cream of mushroom) soup
12 oz can evaporated milk (I just use milk when I don't have this)
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 cups cooked ham, cubed or bite sized slices
Combine all ingredients except ham in slow cooker; mix well. Cover and cook on high setting for one hour. Stir in ham. Reduce to low setting; cover and cook for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Serves 4-6.
*If I don't have time to cook on high and then reduce I'll just cook it on low the whole time. Sauce is a little thinner but still tastes great. I will also add some cheese on top for a lil deliciousness.
Country Chicken Dinner
One pot chicken dinner that is tasty enough to serve to company or just on a weeknight.
3 c. potatoes, peeled and cubed (I often don't peel the potatoes)
3 c. baby carrots
1 onion, coarsely chopped
4 chicken breasts, halved
1 c. water
2 .87oz packages chicken gravy mix (I just use whatever gravy mix I have)
1 t. seasoned salt
1 t. dried thyme
1/4 t. poultry seasoning
1 c. sour cream
Arrange potatoes, carrots, and onion in a slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top, overlapping slightly; set aside. Combine water, gravy mix, and seasonings in a small bowl; drizzle over chicken. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Remove chicken and to a serving platter. Whisk sour cream into drippings in slow cooker; pour over chicken and vegetables. Serves 4-6.
Thank you so much!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey those both look good....don't be surprised if the potato recipe just happens to show up at my Easter Dinner!
ReplyDelete