Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My new love


Yes, they are new running shoes. These will actually be my jazzercise shoes until my current (which I also love) running shoes bite the dust. I had bought a cheap pair of New Balance running shoes before the Ruckus Run and each time I've worn them they have hurt my feet. They felt fine when I tried them on, but not during a workout. So I decided that I would stick with my Asics. I had gotten fitted at FrontRunner a while ago and they essentially told me I had flat feet. Not wanting to pay their high prices I got on http://www.asicsamerica.com/sports/running/shoeFitGuide.aspx and fell in love with their shoe fit guide. Dipped my foot in Sav's bath water, stepped on a piece of construction paper (second step was easier to read than the first), and then analyzed my footprint. I then looked at their shoe guide and determined which shoes fit my over pronating feet. I wrote down the three models and then headed to Filene's basement to try on some shoes. I found a pair on clearance that wasn't on my "approved" list. It fit good, but when I tried on the one designed for my feet it was heaven. Sooo comfortable. I really wanted to go run right then and there.

Who knew shoes could bring me such joy? Thank you Asics!

2 comments:

  1. A new pair of shoes is a joy...something to look forward to. About 10 years ago in October I got a new pair of running shoes. Ever since it's become my tradition to get a new pair in October. It reminds me that the shoes are breaking down, inside, even if I can't feel it. And I get a kick out of knowing that it's October, and time for my new shoes....it's the little things in life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it were me, I would use your older shoes for Jazzercise. I've always heard that wearing running shoes for cross training type exercise breaks them down a whole lot faster. I'm glad you found some you like! I love my asics as well.

    ReplyDelete