Friday night our friends and next, next door neighbors had a "Feast with Friends" to kick off the holiday festivities. It was a great time and I am thoroughly impressed at the food and shear number of people that they fit in their house for a sit down affair. In our two bedroom style townhouse, with basement, they fit (I think these numbers are close) 22 adults, 3 kids, and 3 babies. They only invited those of us that live on the same street or connecting street. I really love that we have that many friends living not even a mile away from us. They converted their living room and basement into dining areas by moving their furniture to the unfinished part of the basement and setting up 8' tables with chairs borrowed from our church.
I made a peanut butter pie which apparently was the bomb. I've never seen people swarm after a dessert so quickly. I think in a matter of minutes it was gone. Candler and I didn't even get to try it (I had sampled the ingredients, but not the finished product). People would take a few bites and then say you've got to try this and then give their neighbor the remaining few bites. Crazy. I didn't do anything special but follow the directions from JIF and Smuckers for their Decadent Peanut Butter Pie. Now I need a reason to make it again so I can give it a taste. Needs to be a party otherwise I'll probably consume way too much. Pretty sure there is an obvious reason they did not list the nutritional information.
Christmas Dinner?
ReplyDelete