Tuesday, November 23, 2010

9 month Savvy

Hard to believe that little Savvy is now a nine month old little lady. She is growing up so fast and is changing everyday.

  • Foods - Savvy is now all about finger food. Anything that she can grab with her two fingers will likely make it to her mouth. On Saturday she ate a piece of a chicken nugget, yesterday some pita bread, and today some pieces of cheddar and mozzarella cheese. She is eating three meals a day loves banging her hands on her high chair tray.
  • Teeth - Just two little chompers on the bottom. Her smile is so cute now with those razor sharp white teeth.
  • Sleep - She is still taking two naps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, each about 1.5 hours long. She sleeps for 11.5-12 hours at night. Can I tell you how much I love this bullet point. She is so sweet when I go to lay her down. I turn off the light, turn on her fan, and then put her blankie on my shoulder. Then she snuggles her head in and rests it on my chest.
  • Moving - Not quite crawling yet, but she can still get around. She'll multi-roll to get somewhere and can turn in a circle by hiking her leg up and twisting. She's also trying to sit up from the ground and has semi-gracefully figured out how to move from sitting to her stomach by leaning forward.
  • Playing - She loves her toys. Right now she is really into toys that play music. She will bounce (which I interpret as dancing) when the music plays and flash a big grin. She also likes toys that rattle or make a noise when you shake them. She can now wave bye-bye and I think this same arm shaking makes it fun to hold rattle toys. She'll take all of the toys out of her toy bin when we sit it next to her, but she is selective in the toys she goes after and will sometimes dig to find the toy she wants. Funny girl.
  • Reading - Everyday we read from her book bin. She sits on my lap in the rocker and then leans towards the bin while I pick out a book. Then she will turn the pages and lift up the flaps. If there is a textured or shiny item on the page she will immediately touch it. I think she knows some of her books and is almost expecting to find the dinosaur's toes underneath the flap. 
  • Stats - today was her check up and she's off the chart...in her head size. She has such a nice, round head which is almost the same size as an adult's. The nurse actually commented "Her head is 18.5" and mine is 21" which now that I think about it is a random thing to know.
    • Height - 28 3/8", 75%.  She grew over 2" in three months! No wonder she has been wearing 12 month PJs for a while now.
    • Weight - 19 lbs 14 oz, 70%. Who needs to lift weights when I'm carrying around a 20 lb wiggler.
    • Head circumference - 18.5", off the charts. They actually put a little arrow going up in Savvy's medical book.

We love you Savvy girl!

1 comment: