Tuesday, June 1, 2010

On the Side

This past weekend was filled with family, food, and fun times. Best of all Savvy decided to sleep in on Memorial Day until 8:30am (instead of her usual 7am) and Candler suggested I just let her sleep. Being a holiday I figured her schedule would get messed up anyways so I went with it and slept in too. Glorious!

Here are a few memories....

Savannah has decided (or I finally picked up on her desires) that she no longer wants/needs to be swaddled and she prefers to sleep on her side. I decided that I could stop swaddling her when 30 seconds after I put her down she already had both hands out of the swaddle. With her hands free she then decided to roll to her side and stay there for the rest of her nap. Guess she takes after her Mom and Dad and prefers her side over her back.

Savannah sleeping on her side

Savannah also has a great love for her hands these days. She is very content to sit with Candler and just play with them. Here is the dynamic duo:
Candler and Savvy relaxing

Savannah has also officially giggled (Candler and I agreed that it was definitely more than her usual chatter). She is an avid smiler but lately she has paired her chatter and her smiles to create a cute little giggle. She usually gets giggly right when Daddy comes home from work. She is always so happy to see him.
Colleen and Savvy chatting

Candler made a wonderful Shish Kebab Memorial Day lunch. We had beef and pesto chicken, green peppers, red onions, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, cheese, and a cucumber dill sauce for the kebabs. Then we had grilled corn on the cob, fruit kebabs, cole slaw, chips and salsa, and then muffins and ice cream bars for dessert. Now that's a feast! Thank goodness we had some friends and family to help us eat it.
The tasty feast.

After taking this picture I forgot where I put it so there are no other pictures from the festivities. I love long weekends and I can't wait for the next one!

1 comment:

  1. How your baby grows! Your food looks fab as always. You two are among my favorite people:)!

    ReplyDelete