Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012 Update

So I really haven't had the energy to blog lately. But, enough people have asked about me and well my lack of blogging that I wanted you to know that I am alive. Alive and well might be a stretch, but we are all alive. For those of you that aren't aware, Candler lost his job earlier this month which has made for some obvious stress in all of our lives. If I didn't tell you personally, I swear it wasn't personal. I honestly just don't have the energy to talk about it. When you have happy news it's fun to recount over and over again. But the flip side is not very fun to retell.

Some obvious changes are that Candler and I are seeing a lot more of each other. Savvy is oblivious to the reason, but is very happy to have Daddy around. It's been a bit challenging telling her that Daddy can't play right now because he's looking for a new job, but we're trying to fall into a new temporary routine. The day after he lost his job we set daily and weekly goals for ourselves so that we would both be able to see progress. We're reading our scriptures more, working out more, and trying to make sure that we still have a little fun together. Sav has become a big fan of reading her scriptures each night before bed, which is super precious.

I've also started working more. I used to work about 5 hours a week and the past two weeks as it would coincide with all the changes going on I have been slammed with projects so I've been working 20ish hours a week. I also have less than a month until my Jazzercise workshop and audition. Which means I have to consciously get my booty to the gym and also finish learning my 10 routines and finish reading my 20+ chapters on how to become a fitness expert. My mentor is fabulous and is pushing me to teach more routines in class, which is really what I need. But some days all I want to do is curl up in a ball and not be a responsible adult for a while. Throw in trying to figure out our finances and insurance situations  along with caring for a toddler and I am pretty beat up physically and emotionally.

Candler and I have both prayed and gone to the temple and feel very confident that we will come out of this not only stronger, but in a better position. For right now we just need to have faith and a stiff upper lip. Today my car battery died and I was seriously ready to say "Come on - what else do we have to go through!!!!" Candler got it fixed, but it's just a daily challenge to stay positive during the unknown.

So that's our thrilling 2012. I hope yours is going better :-)

2 comments:

  1. Colleen, I feel ya'. It always seems that we have major car repairs, babies born (except for this last one), or some other crisis during the winter. And the winter is when Reed is not working. Someday, I will look back and see what all of these trials were for and I will be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez, sorry to hear the news. Hang in there and know that we are thinking and praying for you. I think it's awesome that you are training to teach Jazzercise, how fun is that. Good luck with everything. "you can do it!"

    ReplyDelete