Then we headed over to the Hatch's house for Baby Rob's baby blessing. It was very fun to be with all of their family. They are both from families of five so add in all the neices and nephews of Jordan's older sisters and Hillary's siblings and you've got one packed house. Sav was not very happy that Lily's house didn't have toys in the usual places and all these people that she didn't know. But, once she found her way to the play kitchen and got her wooden knife she was a happy camper.
I made some baked beans for the feast that were off the chain. I've never seen people go back for third helpings of beans. I swear the secret has to be cooking the onions in the bacon fat...yum. I doubled the recipe and it made a huge crock pot full of beans to give you an idea of the volume. I baked them in the oven first and then transferred them to a crock pot to keep them warm until lunch. Try it, you'll like it.
Baked Beans
2 (19.75 ounce) cans of Campbells Pork and Beans
8-12 pieces of bacon
1 cup white onion, chopped finely
1 cup ketchup
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar1/2 teaspoon chili powder (add to taste)
2 teaspoons dry ground mustard
2 teaspoons dry ground mustard
Fry bacon in skillet. Remove bacon and put on paper towels but leave drippings in pan. Saute onion on low until clear. Crumble bacon back in skillet, add beans. Add ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, and mustard. Bake in 350 degree oven for one hour. Either serve right away or keep in a crockpot on low until meal or BBQ. Serves 8.
No comments:
Post a Comment