This is the time of year where gifts, holiday joy, and germs are being shared. Last year I don't remember us getting anything worse than colds, but this year we didn't have such luck. Among our close friends there seemed to be two different illnesses floating around and we were lucky enough to get a stomach bug. Sav was up Sunday night till Monday morning with "sickies" which was our first vomiting illness. I have to say that Candler and I managed rather well together. Then we had 48 hours after she was done being sick of quarantine time.
She was doing good and was back to her normal self so we agreed to go ahead with our date night on Friday night. Sav was spending the night at my parent's house so Candler and I could celebrate our wedding anniversary (6 years!!!). Candler and I ran a couple errands and then had dinner at Moretti's. It's a local Italian restaurant that we had gone to a couple years ago and remembered it being tasty. While we were eating our dinner we were chatting and reflecting on the year and I commented "I just want 2012 to quietly end so we can move on to 2013." This year was full of bumps and blessings, but I'm looking forward to next year. Knock on wood I shouldn't have said anything. Come 2am Candler and I were both up with food poisoning. Apparently there was something up with the Gorgonzola cream sauce that was on Candler's ravioli and my fettuccine - not cool. So we called my parents Saturday morning and let them know that we were doing poorly and they happily agreed to keep Sav for another day. We spent the day in bed and laying on the couch and then took the night to re-coup. We both lost 5 lbs (ugh!) so I guess I'll just have to step up my holiday eating to get it back.
My Dad called us this morning at 7:45am and let me know that my Mom had been up sick during the night. Man. So we picked up Sav, brought my Mom some gatorade, and tried to figure out if somehow Sav gave her something, but she thinks it might be the flu from somewhere else. Too many germs!! So today we are resting and hoping to add more than saltines and gatorade to our diet. Then tomorrow we are cleaning the house so that we can begin our Eve Christmas Eve festivities!
No comments:
Post a Comment