Thursday, March 1, 2012

Savannah's Garden

We've had some unseasonably warm weather this February and Candler got the gardening itch. Sav has really loved playing outside with Candler and wants to do everything he does. Once he started digging in the garden she wanted to do the same. After seeing a post on pinterest about a toddler Garden I mentioned the idea to Candler and he ran with it. Candler designed, built, and hand painted a sign for Sav's garden. She loves it and always goes to it as soon as we head outside. This proves for some dirty, muddy clothes, but a kid needs to get dirty now and then .

Once we introduced her to her garden we realized that she needed a shovel and watering can to go with. We started looking online and decided to hold off on getting her anything because it wasn't a necessity. Perfect timing - Sav got a birthday present from Uncle Clark and Aunt Cindy with the exact gardening kit we were looking at. She is in heaven. The watering can has gotten a lot of use and if you say water she thinks she is going outside to water the plants. It's going to be a fun summer :-)

Measuring the sign

First night in the garden

Yay for gardening supplies!

Completed garden - sign, tools, toddler, and dirt

Water!

More water!

Notice the pants and shoes getting increasingly muddy

Oh my mud!

Well, I think we're done now

Nothing a bath/shower can't clean up









3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Wait until it's time to pull weeds. She'll be great. It's in her genes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it ok if I am jealous of Sav's garden??? because I really am. super cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! but what did Candler say? Let's go watch the Muppets? I thought I was

    ReplyDelete