Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy 11 Months Savvy!

Can Savvy really be 11 months old? Wow.


Foods - Savvy eats miniature adult meals these days. Hardly any baby food. Anything that can be cut to bit size she will inspect and likely try. Some of her current favorites are Cheerios, Goldfish crackers, cheese, bananas, pancakes, chicken nuggets, beans, and she'll tolerate her veggies but I don't think she really likes them. She'll also now sign "All done" by waving her hands above her head when she is finished eating. Which is nice because then when she starts pushing her food around instead of eating it I can ask "Are you all done?" and she'll respond. She can also drink out of a straw (which she learned from Daddy teaching her how to drink a capri sun) so she now goes nuts when she sees a capri sun. I broke down and got her some straw sippy cups and she is great at drinking from it.
•  Teeth - Technically just the two bottom teeth still. Her top teeth are in the process of cutting. I can see and feel a white bump on her right top tooth but it isn't fully out yet.
•  Sleep - She is still taking two naps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon but I have had to monitor how long she sleeps in the morning so that she will still go down for an afternoon nap. Right now if she sleeps for more than 1 hour 15 minutes she won't go down for an afternoon nap. She still sleeps for 11.5-12 hours at night. Right now she sleeps with a little flannel blankie and a giraffe blankie toy. She's starting to like having something in her crib with her to play/cuddle with.
•  Moving - She's got the army crawl down and has also started crawling on her knees for shorter distances. She can easily pull herself up on about anything and is able to reach anything that we put on the couch. Into everything! I imagine she'll be walking here before her birthday or soon thereafter.
•  Playing - Savvy can move around to whatever toy area she wants right now. The most popular are her Leapfrog activity table that she can stand at and she loves her book basket. She'll "read" them herself and play with all the flaps.
•  Size - Savvy is a very "solid" girl. She is wearing my shoulder out carrying her around so thank goodness she's getting more mobile. She's wearing bigger 12 month and some 18 month clothes right now. Another week and she'll probably be in 18 month only. I can't get the 12M over her hips/bum and the 18M are a little long so hopefully the moving around will trim out those muscly legs. I was changing her clothes the other day and Candler walked in the room and commented on her thighs "Those thighs were made for walking". I swear she has been sneaking in workouts in her crib. I also put on a pair of size 3 shoes and they barely fit her. So big!

We love you Savvy!

No comments:

Post a Comment