Tuesday, March 16, 2010

At First I was Afraid...

I was petrified...

True story of how I feel about breastfeeding. First time was a little scary, but I must say that after pumping for a week to let myself heal I was a million times more timid and nervous because I knew what I was getting into. Ignorance is bliss and I sometimes wish I could go back to the fairy tale of thinking that breastfeeding would be a snap. Well, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things with Savvy. Still healing but she is now feeding on one side again...wheh...the accomplishments that I never thought I would be proud of ;)

We had an awesome day today. Savvy slept ok, I got a shower before 10am, my Mom came over, we went to the park and the library (little nervous but Savvy slept the entire time we were there), took a nap, made sloppy joes, and am now heading off to bed. A few weeks ago this would have been nothing but now this is a full day.

I'm going to try to start putting Sav on a schedule. I was reading though Baby Wise and an awesome blog that Hillary introduced me to Chronicles of a Babywise Mom and realized that she is in a pattern of feed every 2.5-3 hours, wake, nap but it does not happen consistently at the same time every day which makes it challenging to plan appointments and when to do things. So today I clocked her schedule and we'll see if by the end of the week we can atleast start and end our day at the same time...then hopefully we can get the in between stabilized too.

No comments:

Post a Comment