Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sav-isms

Last night after leaving the Hatch's house Sav was tired and ready to go to bed (according to her parents):
Sav: I don't want you to love me.
Mom and Dad: silence
Sav: I don't want to love my friends.
Mom and Dad: silence
Sav: I don't want to be loved!
Mom and Dad: (trying to contain laughter) Let's go home.

During an evening car ride Cecilia started crying. Sav quietly lifted up the car seat cover and spoke in a whisper "Don't be scared Cecilia, it's going to be okay." Candler and I looked at each other and agreed that our hearts just melted.

Before Sav goes to be we say a prayer as a family. Usually she wants Candler or I to say the prayer, but sometimes she'll want to say it. She might whisper jibberish or she might be clear with her words - you never know. Well, when we were over at Lily's house Lily gave a wonderful (clear and sincere) prayer so I was touched when Sav said she wanted to give the prayer tonight and said:
Heavenly Father
Thank you for Jesus
Thank you for Cecilia
Thank you for toys
Thank you for Mom and Dad
Thank you for Jesus
Thank you for our house
In the name of Jesus Christ
Amen

Love that little girl.

1 comment: