I've discovered a new recipe that I love and wanted to share. I think I'm tickled because it uses white and yellow hominy which I had never used before - delicious! For those like myself who have never heard of this delicious veggie it is found at the grocery store near the canned corn or in the Hispanic section.
Spicy Taco Soup
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with chiles
2 16 oz can pinto beans
1 16 oz can white hominy
1 16 oz can yellow hominy
1.5 T taco seasoning
1 oz package ranch salad dressing (I used the spicy ranch for an added kick)
Garnish - cheese, sour cream
In a soup pot over medium heat, brown the ground beef with onion and pepper. Drain; add remaining ingredients except cheese. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Garnish with shredded cheese. Serves an army - I'd say 8-10 depending on how ravenous you are.
This is a very hearty soup so I think next time I'll add a little water to thin it out so there is more broth. Delicious...even Candler gave it two thumbs up!
No comments:
Post a Comment