Candler and I got engaged on Saturday July 22, 2006 in Cincinatti, OH (technically we were at my apartment for the summer in Newport, KY on the other side of the Ohio River). He surprised me after I had just finished climbing the Purple People Bridge with some co-workers from my internship. He had gotten me to agree that we would have a phone date that evening where we would both cook dinner and chat at the same time since we couldn't actually be together that weekend.
Well I took my time getting home from the event and had some groceries to unload from my car which took a while to get them up to the third floor apartment. Once I got inside I was sweaty and gross and my phone rang. It was Candler telling me to go out on the porch, close my eyes and count to 100. I did and I think by the time I hit 10 Candler was on one knee with a ring asking me to marry him. I couldn't be happier...
Here is an email that he sent me the Monday after we got engaged...
From: Candler
Date: Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 4:56 PM
Subject: LOVE ....I posted this on myspace for you!
To: colleen
Everyone I am engaged!
Colleen means the world to me. When she cries I cry, when she smiles
I smile, when she is angry at someone I am angry too. I am a very
blessed individual to have met such a sterling person of the highest
character and moral fiber. Here is a list of what makes our
relationship so great and what I LOVE about her.
1. She has a very close relationship with her Heavenly Father.
2. I trust her completely
3. She is extremely sensitive to what I am feeling.
4. Our conversations always come very easily and are not just surface level.
5. She is my friend, first and foremost.
6. Colleen is always willing to listen.
7. We can be lost in thoughts and not say anything. I am comfortable in the silences as well.
8. She never makes me feel anxious or uneasy.
9. She makes me want to be better as a person
10. Colleen is a planner.
11. We are both goal oriented.
12. Not only will she be a great romantic partner but also she will be a great business partner.
13. Colleen and I make a good team.
14. She is always willing to listen to the Spirit.
15. I feel completely comfortable sharing personal spiritual experiences with her.
16. When we pray together I feel that our prayers have power.
17. She has seen me cry.
18. She loves her family deeply.
19. We enjoy discovering new things together.
20. We are both forward thinkers.
21. She does not back down when she knows she is right, but is still willing to listen to the other side of the story.
22. She still loves those people that treat her poorly.
23. When she laughs, it is a full body laugh.
24. She loves to work out.
25. She is a healthy eater.
26. She gets on me for drinking coke and other sugary beverages. The fact is I complain about it, but I like it at the same time.
27. We enjoy taking walks together.
28. She is easily satisfied.
29. She believes in me.
30. Colleen loves my cooking.
31. She enjoys being with my family.
32. Colleen enjoys being spontaneous.
33. We never argue.
34. We both disdain contention
35. We both disdain YELLING of any kind.
36. We treat each other with respect.
37. We enjoy just watching documentaries together.
38. She is the only girl that I know of that will sit and watch a special on midgets and be perfectly content.
39. I am completely protective of her.
40. She is neat.
41. She is really, really HOT.
42. She enjoys surprises.
43. Colleen is always grateful when I do something for her. She always thanks me when I pay for dinner.
44. She is polite and has good manners.
45. Colleen is cultured.
46. She looks great in work out clothes or in church clothes.
47. We have the same ideas about how our house will be operated.
48. She loves success.
49. Colleen will compliment me even when I am not fishing for one.
50. Colleen tempers me.
51. She is my equal.
No comments:
Post a Comment